The Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians (AEMT-CC) is responsible for providing efficient and immediate care to the ill and/or injured patient in accordance with CNY EMS Regional and NYS protocols and / or medical direction. To complete daily base and ambulance duties as required by administration and/or described in the Menter Ambulance Standard Operating Guidelines, Employee Handbook, Operational Response Policy or other approved publication.
The AEMT-CC must demonstrate competency in all EMT-B skills and equipment usage. Must be able to provide Advanced Life Support using the AEMT skills and equipment. Must be able to administer appropriate medications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responds to calls when dispatched. Reads maps, may drive ambulance to emergency site using most expeditious route permitted by weather and road conditions. Observes all traffic ordinances and regulations.
- Uses appropriate body substance isolation procedures. Assesses the safety of the scene, gains access to the patient, assesses extent of injury or illness.
- Communicates with dispatcher requesting additional assistance or services as necessary.
- Determines nature of illness or injury. Visually inspects for medical identification emblems to aid in care (medical bracelet, charm, etc.)
- Uses prescribed techniques and equipment to provide patient care.
- Provides additional emergency care following established protocols. Assesses and monitors vital signs and general appearance of patient for change.
- Makes determination regarding patient status and priority for emergency care using established criteria. Reassures patient, family members and bystanders.
- Assists with lifting, carrying and properly loading patient into the ambulance. Avoids mishandling patient and undue haste.
- Determines appropriate medical facility to which patient will be transported.
- Transports patient to medical facility providing ongoing medical care as necessary enroute.
- Reports nature of injury or illness to receiving facility.
- Asks for medical direction from medical control physician and carries out medical control orders as appropriate.
- Assists in moving patient from ambulance into medical facility.
- Reports verbally and in writing observations of the patient's emergency and care provided (including written report(s) and care provided by Certified First Responders prior to EMT-B/AEMT arrival on scene) to emergency department staff and assists staff as required.
- Complies with regulations in handling deceased, notifies authorities and arranges for protection of property and evidence at scene.
- Replaces supplies, properly disposes of medical waste.
- Properly cleans contaminated equipment according to established guidelines.
- Checks all equipment for future readiness.
- Maintains ambulance in operable condition.
- Ensures cleanliness and organization of ambulance, its equipment and supplies. Determines vehicle readiness by checking operator maintainable fluid, fuel and air pressure levels. Maintains familiarity with all specialized equipment.
- Valid NYS EMT-CC certification
- Valid CPR Certification at the Healthcare Provider level along with ACLS
- Valid NYS Driver's License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift, carry and balance up to 125 pounds (250 pounds with assistance)
- Ability to use good judgement and remain calm in high stress situations
- Possesses good manual dexterity with ability to perform all tasks related to the highest quality patient care
- Ability to bend, stoop and crawl on uneven terrain
- Ability to withstand varied environmental conditions such as extreme heat, cold and moisture
- Ability to work in low light situations and confined spaces
- Ability to work with other providers to make appropriate patient care decisions
Please attach a resume and cover letter.
- Posted: Thu, September 08, 2022
- Location: NY - Fulton