DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include, but not limited to):
- Maintains, monitors, and performs preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on critical and non-critical equipment
- Mechanical areas to include operation and maintenance of multiple components within the HVAC system, plumbing installation/maintenance, generator operations, fire detection and suppression, life safety, temperature control systems, building management systems, and digital systems (including fire alarm, duress, card access, CCTV).
- Electrical responsibilities include plan, implement, coordinate and supervision of all electrical operations, maintenance, and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment. Ensure conformance with all Change control development, approvals and execution.
- Scheduling, development and quality assurance for all preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, general maintenance.
- Routinely performs all work in strict accordance with governing MOP/SOP/ERP procedures, and maintenance work instructions.
- Operates and monitors critical and non-critical system equipment and components. Oversees work efforts (including 3rd party contractors) for safe and compliant operation, maintenance (corrective and preventive), and modification of critical equipment. Disables and enables fire alarm control panels and systems.
- Receive and execute work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance on critical systems and building physical structure. Consult with Chief Engineer or Supervisor to order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work. Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation in the computerized maintenance management system.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
- Monitors building operations and tours properties periodically during scheduled shift.
- Receives work order for Preventative and Corrective maintenance on electrical systems and building physical structure. Consult with supervisors and staff as appropriate to identify and order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work. Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation.
- Understands the engineering design and operational aspect of all electrical systems.
- Evaluates, assigns and monitors the safe work responsibilities and safety procedures capabilities of employees and contractors.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, develop and communicate and improve ADC’s processes to ensure continuous improvement and innovation.
- Support ISMS and compliance environment as required
- Other responsibilities as required
Does being a part of a fast-paced and growing organization sound exciting? Are you driven with a passion for learning and a commitment to operational sustainability and success? Are you humble in recognizing there is always room to grow and do you see yourself as someone committed to individual, team and customer success? If this describes you, we would love to hear from you!
Data centers are our pedigree and innovation is our DNA – bringing new approaches to our customers, the way we work, and the world at large. Behind each innovation are the people who conceive it and work hard to see it become reality.
As a result of our exciting growth and expansion, we are now looking to add Critical Facility Technicians to our teams in Ashburn, Virginia, Salt Lake City, UT and Phoenix, AZ.
Candidates must be willing to work day or night shifts (not rotating schedule).
- High school diploma and minimum 3-5 years’ experience in electrical or mechanical critical facilities support; or 7+ years’ experience as HVAC or mechanical technician
- Nuclear training background a plus
- Flexibility in day/night shifts
- Electrical/Mechanical certifications preferred
- Able to work overtime and longer shifts (12 hour)
- Computer skills required: MS Office
Aligned is an infrastructure technology company that offers adaptable colocation and build-to-scale solutions to cloud, enterprise, and managed service providers. Our intelligent infrastructure allows densification and vertical growth within the same footprint, enabling customers to scale up without disruption, all while maintaining industry-leading Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE). By reducing the energy, water and space needed to operate, our data center solutions, combined with our patented cooling technology, offer businesses a competitive advantage by improving sustainability, reliability and their bottom line. Aligned operates data centers in Ashburn, VA, Phoenix, AZ, Salt Lake City, UT, and Dallas, TX.
As a result of our growth, we are now looking to add Critical Facility Technicians to our team. This position will be based in Ashburn, VA.
Candidates must be willing to work day or night shifts (not a rotating schedule).
If you’re interested in hearing more, please submit an application and upload your resume. You can also visit our website at www.alignedenergy.com to learn more about us!
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, this position requires extensive hands-on analysis, maintenance and troubleshooting of facility operations within Aligned Data Center. Work includes installation, repair, and maintenance of critical and non-critical mechanical and/or electrical machinery and controls located in the interior and exterior of building.
Seniority Level: Associate
Industry: Construction, Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing, Facility Services
Job Functions: Engineering, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain
Featured Benefits: Medical insurance, Vision insurance, Dental insurance, 401(k)
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Aligned Energy is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Posted: Tue, August 11, 2020
- Location: TX - Plano