DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all building systems and critical facilities equipment and other support equipment associated with data center environments including building management systems, fire/life safety, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems and equipment.
- Plan, implement, coordinate and supervision of all mechanical/electrical operations, maintenance, and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment.
- Ensure conformance with all change control development, approvals and execution.
- Plumbing installation, repair and maintenance of piping and associated equipment and components located in the interior or exterior of the building.
- Routine and on-going assessment of the building systems operations.
- Performs tests, rounds and analyzes data to assure the proper functioning of critical equipment.
- Scheduling, development and quality assurance for all preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, general maintenance.
- Ensure efficient operation of all building systems.
- Scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
- Evaluate, assign and monitor the safe work responsibilities and safety procedures capabilities of critical facilities employees and contractors.
- Evaluate, assign and monitor the maintenance, operations, and incident handling of critical facilities employees and contractors.
- Maintain on-going communication with tenants, owners, and vendors.
- Assist in updating of and/or maintain as-built drawings.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
- Assist with maintaining inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agencies and AE’S directives as relates to building operations.
- Acts as primary technical resource for Building Engineers and Operations Manager
- Support ISMS and compliance environment as required
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, develop and communicate and improve AE’s processes to ensure continuous improvement and innovation.
- Other responsibilities as required.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Operations Manager, coordinates and manages the technical, mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems and day-to-day operations of Aligned Data Center property portfolio.
- Minimum eight years of increased responsibility and oversight of building systems and critical facilities equipment.
- Professional licenses strongly preferred (electrical and mechanical licenses)
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex project documents; AutoCAD, Visio, and PDF documents.
- Ability to project manage effectively.
- Ability to develop installation standards and project tracking/management documents.
- Ability to effectively respond, verbally or written, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints.
- Requires a high level of commitment to customer service, whether co-workers or clients.
- Requires knowledge of all applicable rules, laws, codes, regulations and ordinances in performing data/communications and MEP projects.
- Ability to estimate cost of client installations and other assigned projects. Cost tracking for all projects.
- Knowledge of Purchase Order Requests process and invoice tracking.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences.
- Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail and an openness to new ideas and procedures.
- MSOffice applications. i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Occasional Travel may be required, training or other reasons.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about open roles.
- Posted: Tue, August 11, 2020
- Location: Ashburn