The Platform Construction and Delivery department supports the Company during pre-construction and post-delivery with all aspects of construction management including oversight of employee and third-party organizations to complete a specific project while coordinating with other managers on the same job site. This position works under indirect supervision, requiring strong self-management skills and demonstrated good organizational and time management abilities.
Additional departmental responsibilities:
Manage current construction project schedules and status of project cost while tracking/overseeing all permits and time schedules to stay on budget. Communicate all live construction projects and status to various departments within the Company.
Maintain “Safety First” with all construction projects working closely with Operations to oversee all safety, regulatory and contractual compliance requirements are met.
Oversee and direct all construction activities and construction personnel; continually communicating to multiple departments within the Company.
Own and maintain all administrative duties associated with AE construction projects (to include, but not limited to: Request for Proposals, Project Award Notification and Semi-Annual Business Reviews
Assist in the set up and management of project budgets according to the project controls procedures set forth by AE Senior Leadership. Work within AE cost tracking system (defined by finance)
Maintain relationships between all outside General Contractors, Sub-Contractors and 3rd Party PM’s and Owners Reps partnered with the AE Platform Delivery Team
Work closely with AE and/or 3rd party on-site Project Manager to track all the cost aspects of a project.
Assist with the review of requests for change orders.
Maintain proactive communication between the AE Platform Delivery Team, AE Financial / Accounting and AE Senior Leadership Team.
Review and initial approval of construction related invoices.
Audit cost codes with invoices, contracts and purchase orders.
Input all invoices into the AE cost tracking system, all requests for change orders and track status of.
Work closely with the Construction Services Leadership Team; report all financials of ongoing projects including forecast of project budgets and cash flow reporting monthly.
Other responsibilities as required.
SUMMARY: The Project Manager, Critical Facilities assists and supports the AE Platform Delivery Team with all aspects of construction management including oversight of employee and third-party organizations to complete a specific project while coordinating with other Managers on the same job site. This position works under indirect supervision, requiring strong self-management skills and demonstrated good organizational and time management abilities. This position requires travel up to 40% (will vary with projects).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include, but no limited to):
- Manage current construction project schedules and status of project cost while tracking/overseeing all permits and time schedules to stay on budget.
- Coordinate all live construction activities with building operations while promoting safety and compliance initiatives and requirements on site.
- Create program that allows AE Operational Leadership to track and manage all elements of our AE construction projects in real time.
- Work directly with each AE Platform Delivery team member to optimize and improve project delivery schedules
- Oversee and direct all construction activities and construction personnel
- Own and maintain all administrative duties associated with AE construction projects (to include, but not limited to: Request for Proposals, Project Award Notification and Semi-Annual Business Reviews
- Assist in the set up and management of project budgets according to the project controls procedures set forth by AE Senior Leadership. Work within AE cost tracking system (defined by finance)
- Maintain relationships between all outside General Contractors, Sub-Contractors and 3rd Party PM’s and Owners Reps partnered with the AE Platform Delivery Team
- Work closely with AE and/or 3rd party on-site Project Manager to track all the cost aspects of a project to include, but not limited to:
- Input all commitments into AE cost tracking system including establishing a schedule of values for each commitment that aligns with the cost coding structure established.
- Input and track cost events into the AE cost tracking system and track cost events until they are closed.
- Assist with the review of requests for change orders.
- Maintain proactive communication between the AE Platform Delivery Team, AE Financial / Accounting and AE Senior Leadership Team.
- Review and initial approval of construction related invoices.
- Audit cost codes with invoices, contracts and purchase orders.
- Input all invoices into the AE cost tracking system.
- Input all requests for change orders and track their status
- Work closely with the Construction Services Leadership Team; report all financials of ongoing projects including forecast of project budgets and cash flow reporting monthly.
ESTIMATOR RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDED:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements, setting priorities.
- Prepares construction budget by studying plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Indirectly supervises construction personnel (addressing complaints, overseeing safety/compliance initiatives and resolving problems working alongside General Contractor and Sub-Contractors) daily.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Coordinates all construction evolutions with Operations daily as needed
STRONGLY DESIRED WORKING EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Project Management Software (MS Projects, Prolog, Procore, BIM 260, or similar).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent.
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality always.
- Ability to understand and follow clear directions and meet specific deadlines with reporting, communication and project schedules.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to travel 50%+ of the time
- Knowledge of construction cost estimating methods and development of scopes of work.
- Ability to understand construction project scopes.
- Able to monitor and interpret design and schedule changes and forecast their impact on overall project costs.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Develops budgets and strong experience reporting budgets/financials; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Develops Budgets for projects; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand/walk/sit
- Frequently required to bend/climb
- Occasionally required to lift 25-50 lbs.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Aligned Energy is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Email email@example.com to learn more about our open roles.
- Posted: Tue, August 11, 2020
- Location: Ashburn